The Indian Institute of Banking and Finance conducts the Certified Associate of India Institute of Bankers (CAIIB) Examination twice a year. The Institute had on released the dates for the CAIIB examination on its official website. The examination has been scheduled for June Cycle from 26th June to 9th July 2022. The online registration for the December Cycle will start on 30th September 2022 and end on 20th October 2022. This article will give you information about the CAIIB Exam Date, Selection process, Examination pattern and syllabus, how to download your Admit cards, and tips for a hassle-free examination experience.
CAIIB Exam Date And Other Important Dates- December Cycle
|Starting of Application Process||30.09.2022|
|Last Date of Registration ||20.10.2022|
|CAIIB- Advanced Bank Management Exam date||27-11-2022|
|CAIIB- Bank Financial Management Exam date||04-12-2022|
|CAIIB- Rural Banking ||10-12-2022|
|CAIIB/ CAIIB ELEC-Retail Banking||10-12-2022|
|CAIIB/ CAIIB ELEC-Human Resources Management||10-12-2022|
|CAIIB/ CAIIB ELEC-Information Technology||10-12-2022|
|CAIIB/ CAIIB ELEC-Risk Management ||10-12-2022|
|CAIIB/ CAIIB ELEC-Central Banking||10-12-2022|
CAIIB Exam Date And Other Important Dates- June Cycle
|Starting of Application Process||11.05.2022|
|Last Date of Registration ||31.05.2022|
|CAIIB- Advanced Bank Management Exam date||26-06-2022|
|CAIIB- Bank Financial Management Exam date||03-07-2022|
|CAIIB- Rural Banking ||09-07-2022|
|CAIIB/ CAIIB ELEC-Retail Banking||09-07-2022|
|CAIIB/ CAIIB ELEC-Human Resources Management||09-07-2022|
|CAIIB/ CAIIB ELEC-Information Technology||09-07-2022|
|CAIIB/ CAIIB ELEC-Risk Management ||09-07-2022|
|CAIIB/ CAIIB ELEC-Central Banking||09-07-2022|
CAIIB Exam Pattern
The examination pattern for the CAIIB Exam as set by the Institute is given below:
|Papers||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Advanced Bank Management||100||100|
|Bank Financial Management||100||100|
|Elective Paper||100||100 |
- The CAIIB Examination is an objective type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) test.
- The medium of examination is Hindi and English.
- The Institute will conduct the examination in online mode only.
- The total number of questions is 100 for each paper.
- Each question carries 1 mark.
- The total marks for each paper are 100 marks.
- Negative marking is not applicable.
- The duration of the examination is 2 hours (120 minutes).
CAIIB Exam Syllabus
The syllabus for the CAIIB examination, as prescribed by the Institute, has two compulsory papers and one elective paper.
- Advanced Bank Management
- Bank Financial Management
- Corporate Banking
- Rural Banking
- International Banking
- Retail Banking
- Co-operative Banking
- Financial Advising
- Human Resources Management
- Information Technology
- Risk Management
- Central Banking
Advanced Bank Management
- Module A: Economic Analysis
- Module B: Business Mathematics
- Module C: HRM in Banks
- Module D: Credit Management
Bank Financial Management
- Module A: International Banking
- Module B: Risk Management
- Module C: Treasury Management
- Module D: Balance Sheet Management
Elective Paper- I Central Banking
- Module A – Rationale and Functions of Central Bank
- Module B – Central Banking in India
- Module C – Monetary Policy and Credit Policy
- Module D – Supervision and Financial Stability
Elective Paper- II International Banking
- Module A – International Banking and Finance
- Module B – Foreign Exchange Business
- Module C – International Trade
- Module D – Derivatives
Elective Paper- III Rural Banking
- Module A – Rural India
- Module B – Financing Rural Development
- Module C – Priority Sector Financing and Government Initiatives
- Module D – Problems and Prospectus in Rural Banking
Elective Paper- IV Financial Advising
- Module A – Introduction to Financial Advising
- Module B – Financial Planning
- Module C – Financial Investment Products
- Module D – Taxation
Elective Paper- V Corporate Banking
- Module A – Corporate Banking and Finance
- Module B – Investment Banking
- Module C – Project and Infrastructure Finance
Elective Paper- VI Retail Banking
- Module A – Introduction
- Module B – Retail Products
- Module C – Marketing/Selling of retail products, MIS and Accounting
- Module D – Other Issues Related to Retail Banking
Elective Paper- VII Co-operative Banking
- Module A – Principles and Laws of Co-operative Banking Law and Rules Relating to Co-operative Banks
- Module B – Co-operative Banking Operations Deposits, Credits and Investment Management
- Module C – Technology Risk Management
Elective Paper- VIII Human Resource Management
- Module A – Human Resource Management
- Module B – Building an HR Strategy
- Module C – Motivation, Training and Skill Development
- Module D – Personnel Management and Industrial Relations
Elective Paper- IX Information Technology
- Module A – Introduction to Information Technology
- Module B – Systems and Design
- Module C – Applications in Banking
- Module D – Security Control and Guidelines
Elective Paper- X Treasury Management
- Module A – An Overview
- Module B – Treasury Management
- Module C – Treasury and International Banking
- Module D – Risk Management
Elective Paper- XI Risk Management
- Module A – An Overview
- Module B – Credit Risk Management
- Module C – Operational Banking
- Module D – Market Risk
- Module E – Risk Organisation and Policy
CAIIB Examination Admit Card
The CAIIB Admit Card is released by the Institute 10 days before the examination. The link to the admit card is sent to the candidate on their registered E-mail address and phone number. It is also available on the official website of the Institute for the candidates to download.
The steps to download the admit card for the CAIIB Examination are provided below:
Step 1: Visit the official website of IIBF.
Step 2: Click on the Examination/ Courses section.
Step 3: Select Admit Card from the list displayed on the screen.
Step 4: Enter your login credentials.
Step 5: The site will display the admit card on the screen. Download and save it to your system.
Step 6: Take a printout for future use.
Documents To Carry For IIBF CAIIB Examination
Candidates taking the CAIIB Examination must carry any of the following documents along with their Admit Card to the examination centre.
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Employee ID
- Voter ID
- College ID
- Any other ID proof issued by a Gazetted Officer
- Bank Pass Book with the photograph
CAIIB 2022 Examination Centre
The IIBF has provided 649 examination centres for the candidates to choose from. Candidates need to mention the examination centre of their choice while filling the application. The list of the examination centres is given below:
|Visakhapatnam||Warangal||Jammu & Kashmir|
Passing Criteria For CAIIB 2022 Examination
The passing criteria for the CAIIB examination are given below:
- Candidates need to secure a minimum of 50 percent marks, i.e., 50 out of 100 marks in each paper.
- Candidates securing 45 marks in each subject with an aggregate of 50 percent in all the subjects in their first attempt are declared qualified.
- Candidates will be allowed to hold credits for the subject they have passed in an attempt until the expiry of the time limit for passing the CAIIB exam.
- The candidates must qualify for the examination within the time limit of two years.
- Candidates who are unable to clear the examination within the stipulated time need to register again afresh.
- The time limit of two years starts from the date of Registration. The attempts are counted whether the candidates take the examination or otherwise.
Guidelines To Be Followed By Candidates During The CAIIB Exam Under The COVID-19 Conditions:
- The candidates must reach the examination center much before the reporting time mentioned in the admit card to avoid crowding at the examination center at the time of entry and maintain social distancing.
- Candidates must carry the printed admit card along with a valid photo ID proof and the duly completed Self Declaration Form.
- Candidates should maintain social distancing and wear masks.
- They should also follow the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare guidelines regarding Covid-19.
- The staff will check the temperature of candidates at the entry of the examination center with a Thermal Gun. Candidates showing High Temperature will not be allowed to take the exam.
- They will check the candidates without contact with the help of a Handheld Metal Detector.
- Candidates should maintain a distance of a minimum of 1 meter from each other. The candidates should also use Hand sanitizers and Hand Wash provided by the Institute as and when required.
- Do not carry items like mobile phones, scientific/ financial calculators, electronic gadgets, metal instruments or any other device not allowed in the examination center.
- As the candidates will not be provided with blank A4 size sheets for the rough work during the examination, they are advised to use the online rough sheet.
- After the examination, the scorecard will be e-mailed to the candidate's e-mail ID in 3 to 4 working days.
- After the examination is concluded, the candidates should leave their seats only with the invigilator's permission or the examination staff.
Now that there are only two months left for the CAIIB examination, you must be well prepared and ready for it. Continue your revision earnestly. Surge ahead with confidence. You will certainly succeed.
Start Preparing For CAIIB Exam
Does the CAIIB examination have negative markings?
No, negative marking is not applicable.
What is the duration of the CAIIB examination?
The duration of the examination is 2 hours (120 minutes).