JKSSB Finance Account Assistant Syllabus
The JKSSB Finance Account Assistant Syllabus will cover topics from following sections :
- General Knowledge with special reference to J&K UT
- General Economics
- Knowledge of Computer Applications
- Accountancy and Book Keeping
- General Science
- Mental Ability & Reasoning
We will look at the topics for each section of the JKSSB 2020-21 Exam Syllabus for Finance Account Assistant one by one below:
General Knowledge with special reference to J&K UT
The GK section of JKSSB Finance Account Assistant Syllabus covers the following sub-topics:
- Current Events of National and International importance
- Political & Physical divisions of world & India
- Indian Culture, Heritage and Freedom Struggle/Movement.
- Transport & Communication.
- Demography- Census, its feature and functions.
- Important Rivers & Lakes in India.
- Weather, Climate, Crops, Means of Transport of India.
- Environment, Ecology & Bio-diversity.
- J&K UT – History, Economy, Geography- (Weather, Climate, Crops, Rivers, Lakes, Flora, Fauna etc.), Heritage & Culture, Important Tourist Destinations
- J&K Reorganisation Act, 2019.
- Primary and secondary data.
- Methods of collecting Primary and Secondary Data
- Preparation of questionaires
- Tabulation and compilation of Data
- Measures of central Tendency
- Theory of Probability
- Theory of Attributes- Basic concepts and their applications.
- Theory of Index Numbers: Tests of Index numbers- Wholesale and
- consumer price Index numbers.
- Demography-Census, its features and functions.
- Vital Statistics- Measures of fertility, Crude fertility rates, specific fertility rates, gross and net reproduction rates., Measures of Mortality
- Simple / Compound interest.
- Linear equations with two variables.
- Permutations/ Combinations & Binomial Theorem.
- Limits & Derivatives.
- Set Theory- Basic Concepts and Applications.
- Relations and Functions
- Matrices & Determinants
- Coordinate & Three dimensional Geometry
Click here to attempt a mock test!
The General Economics section of JKSSB Finance Account Assistant Syllabus covers the following sub-topics:
- Introduction of Economics- Basic concept and Principles
- Fiscal & Monetary Policy- Meaning, Scope and Methodology
- Theory of consumers demand using indifference curve technique
- Demand Analysis
- Factor Pricing —Marginal productivity Theory & Ricardian Theory of Rent
- Pricing under Various forms of Market.
- Factors of Production & Laws of Production.
- Concept of Economic Growth and its measurement
- Characteristics and problems of developing economy
- Planning vs Market Economy,
- Economic Reforms in India
- Concept & Measurement of National Income.
- Role of RBI
Knowledge of Computer Applications
The Computer Applications section of JKSSB Finance Account Assistant Syllabus 2020-21 comprises of the below listed topics:
- Basic Applications of Computer and its component.
- Fundamentals of computer sciences.
- Concept of Open Source Technologies.
- Input & output Devices.
- Operating system
- Knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Powerpoint, PDF, Internet and E-mail.
- Concept of Computer Virus and Anti-Virus.
- Hardware & Software, Elements of Computers Processing System, Hardware , CPU, Peripherals, Storage Media, Software Definition, Role and Categories Firmware and Human-ware.
- Role of Information Technology in Governance.
Accountancy and Book Keeping
The Accounts section of JKSSB Finance Account Assistant Syllabus covers the following sub-topics:
- Introduction to Financial Accounting and its terms.
- Accounting equation and Journal.
- Voucher Approach in Accounting.
- Bank Reconciliation Statement.
- Financial Management/Statements.
- Partnership Accounts.
- Ledger Accounts.
- Cash Book, Financial Audit.
- Elements of Double entry Book Keeping.
- Trial Balance.
- Trading Account.
- Profit Loss Account and Balance Sheet.
- Concept of Social Accounting, Social Audit and cash based single entry system of accounting
- Public Financial Management System (PFMS),
- Indian Financial Management System.
- Taxation, Tax Laws- Direct, Indirect
- Cost Management-Budgetary control
- Cost Accounting
- Developments in Accounting
Click here to attempt a mock test!
- Newtons Laws of Motion, Mass, Weight, Acceleration, Velocity, Speed etc
- Electric Current, Power, Energy, Voltage.
- Chemical Equation, types.
- Metals, Non-metals- Physical & Chemical properties.
- Various sources of energy; Conventional sources of energy; Biomass and wind energy. Non-conventional sources of energy (Solar energy, Tidal energy).
- Nutrition and its types, Respiration, Transportation of water, food and minerals in plants.
- Communicable & Non-Communicable Diseases.
- Vitamins- Diseases related to vitamin deficiency.
- Ecosystem — Its components, Food chains and Food webs.
- Environmental pollution. Ozone layer, its depletion, Green House Effect.
- Rearranging of jumbled sentences.
- Comprehension with blanks to be filled in with Phrases, Pronouns, Homonyms / homophones.
- Synonyms and antonyms
- Pairs of words and their use in meaningful sentences.
- Idioms and phrases.
- Uses of Prepositions.
- Active & Passive Voice