KPTCL or Karnataka Power Transmission Corporation Limited is a registered electricity and transmission company that falls under the Companies Act of 1956. KPTCL is completely owned by the Karnataka government. The company was established to make sure that it can offer reliable and affordable power to its customers. There are several zones that the company offers power to, like Bangalore, Hubli, Mangalore, and Chamundeshwari. These groups are referred to as electricity supply companies or ESCOMs. Each year KPTCL recruits candidates for various posts in its department. There are several posts like Junior Engineer, Junior Assistant, Assistant, Assistant Engineer, Assistant Executive Engineer, and Assistant Accounts Officer, which the interested candidates can apply to. The candidates who apply to these posts must meet the KPTCL JE and AE qualifications and eligibility criteria set by the KPTCL recruitment board. Once the KPTCL degree and eligibility criteria are met, the candidate can sit for the examination.
KPTCL Eligibility 2022
The KPTCL offers a pool of opportunities each year for candidates interested in filling up various posts. If you wish to apply to these vacancies, you will first have to fill up the application form, pay the application fee and then clear the examination and pass the cutoff to meet the KPTCL eligibility 2022. Here is the KPTCL eligibility and educational qualification 2022. Ensure that you meet the criteria; otherwise, your application will get rejected.
The maximum age to apply to the KPTCL examination varies based on the category that one is applying to and as per the relaxation, if any. Here are the age limit criteria for varied categories of candidates applying for the KPTCL examination.
The minimum age of the candidate has to be 18 years.
The maximum age limit is given below.
- General category - 35 years
- Candidates from the Category IIA, IIB, IIIA, and IIIB – 38 years
- For SC/ ST Candidates - 40 years
Here is the KPTCL degree and educational qualification for each post.
- Junior Assistant - PUC/ Diploma in Accountancy
- Assistant - Bachelor's Degree
- Junior Engineer (Elec.) - Diploma in Electrical
- Assistant Executive Engineer (Elec.) - B.E/B.Tech in Electrical
- Assistant Engineer (Elec.) - BE in Electrical
- Assistant Engineer (Civil) - B.E in Civil Engineering
KPTCL Application Form
Candidates who meet the age and education qualification can fill up the KPTCL recruitment form. Here is a detailed explanation of how to fill up the recruitment form. The application form, the updated eligibility criteria, the KPTCL JE and AE qualifications and all the details of the examination are available on the official website.
The KPTCL application form can be filled in online mode only. Here is the procedure to fill-up the form.
- Visit the official KPTCL website.
- After you reach the homepage, search for the Recruitment tab and open it. You will find it located on the top of the page in the menu bar.
- The candidates need to click on the link which says Brief Employment Notification for Recruitment to the posts of AEE (Electrical), AE (Electrical/Civil), Asst Account Officer, JE (Electrical/Civil), Assistant, Junior Assistant in KPTCL and ESCOMS.
- When you click on the link, you will see a notification that gets popped up on the computer screen. Make sure to read the notification carefully.
- Once you have read through the notification, fill out the application form with all the details asked for
- You will also have to upload the scanned images which have been asked for
- After you submit the images and details, click on the submit button
- Ensure that you download the application form and keep its printout for your future reference.
- The applicants also have to fill up the application fee for the online application. The application will not be accepted if the fee is not paid. The fee for the general category candidate is Rs. 500, and the fee for the SC-ST candidate is Rs 300. The candidate will need to pay an extra charge of 12 as a service fee
KPTCL Recruitment Procedure
The selection criteria for each post are different, and the selection is based on varied aspects as per the level and the organisational norms. There are, however, a few rounds and selection criteria that are common, which is listed below.
- Computer test or written examination.
- Academic marks secured
- Mental and physical fitness
- A capability test, personality, and interview
- Typing speed
The recruitment to the varied posts, namely Assistant Executive Engineer (Electrical), Assistant Engineer (Electrical or Civil), Junior Engineer (Electrical or Civil), and Junior Assistant, is made on merit and based on the score that the candidate obtains in the online aptitude test. The candidates who perform well are called to attend a personal interview based on which the final selection is made.
The candidates who are applying to the Assistant Executive Engineer (Electrical), Assistant Engineer (Electrical or Civil) post should have passed the tenth board with Kannada as their 1st or 2nd language. If the candidate does not have Kannada as one of their languages, then they need to sit for the Kannada language test.
- The total marks that the candidate can obtain is 150
- You need to obtain at least 50 marks to pass
KPTCL invites eligible and qualified candidates through the online mode for recruitment to several posts. The posts are filled through the KPTCL Recruitment test that the company conducts itself. Candidates should make sure to meet the KPTCL eligibility 2022 and education qualifications before they fill up the form and pay the application fee to sit for the examination.