SBI Clerk Salary: SBI is India's largest bank with the most attractive features and best-in-class entry-level salary package for Junior Associates in Clerical Cadre. In this blog, we will be discussing all the details of SBI Clerk Salary 2022. The In-hand salary with the perks, allowances & role of the Junior Associate(Clerk) has been provided below. The information is as per the official notification.
SBI Clerk Salary 2022:
SBI provides a handsome pay scale for its SBI Junior Associates at the entry level with various perks. Therefore, in comparison to other banks, SBI provides a better basic salary. SBI Clerk salary is ₹33,300 per month.
The Details of the Basic Pay Scale component of SBI Clerk Salary 2022 are as follows;
The starting Basic Pay is Rs.19900/- (Rs.17900/- plus two advance increments admissible to graduates)
Let us note down the details of the above-given payscale;
- Compensation – Starting Salary for a candidate will be Rs 17,900/- with a year-on-year increment of Rs 1000/- on the Basic pay for three years.
- Salary 3 years from the year of joining: Rs 20,900/- with a year-on-year increment of Rs 1230/- for the next 3 years
- For the next 4 years, Rs 24,590/- with a year-on-year increment of Rs 1490/-
- Salary after the next 7 years: Rs 30,550/- with a year-on-year increment of Rs 1730 for the next 7 years.
- After the next 1 year: Rs 42600 with a year-on-year increment of Rs 3270 for the next 1 year.
- Salary after another 1 year: Rs 45,930 with a year-on-year increment of Rs 1990 for the next 1 year.
- The Maximum Basic Salary of an SBI Clerk- Rs 47,920/-
|Clerk Basic Salary|
Rs.19900/- (Rs 17,900 + two advance increments given to graduates)
Salary after 1st Increment- Rs. 20900/-
Salary after 2nd Increment-Rs. 24590/-
Salary after 3rd Increment- Rs. 30550/-
Salary after 4th Increment- Rs. 42600/-
Salary after 5th increment- Rs 45930/-
Salary after 6th increment- Rs 47920/-
|Dearness Allowance||Based on the Consumer Price Index|
|House Accommodation||Depends on the place of posting.|
Attempt a Mock Test now!
SBI Clerk Gross Monthly Income
The SBI Clerk salary 2022 can also be described as the total in-hand income received monthly by the Junior Associate of SBI. SBI Clerk In-hand salary received per month is a sum of Basic Pay and other salary components like – House Rent Allowance(HRA), Variable Pay, Dearness Allowances (DA), City Compensatory Allowance (CCA), etc.
SBI Clerk Allowances
A person joining as an SBI Clerk will have many perquisites, the SBI Clerk Salary comes with some added benefits in the form of allowances such as-
- Dearness Allowance (DA): A SBI Clerk gets 26.18% DA of the Basic Pay (Depending upon the City Posted in). The Dearness Allowance increases quarterly basis and is dependent on the Inflation rate of the Country if the inflation increase the DA goes up and vice versa.
- House Rent Allowance(HRA): A SBI Clerk gets 35% to 40% HRA of the Basic Pay(Depending upon the City Posted in).
- Other Allowances include transport allowance, Special Allowance, and Special Pay-New.
SBI Clerk Additional Benefits
In SBI an individual working in the Clerk Cadre has some additional benefits in addition to the Basic Pay of the SBI CLERK Salary 2022 which they received. Given below are the additional benefits or perks of working as an SBI CLERK;
- House Rent Allowances
- Concessional Vehicle Finance
- Concessional Rate for SBI Pension Plans
- Housing Finance at concessional rates
- Travel Allowances
- The Bank pays 100% cost for any medical treatment of an employee along with the family members
- Maternity or child education leave of 2 years for women clerks.
Attempt a Mock Test now!
SBI Clerk Promotions
Promotion for Trainee Officer Post
- SBI Junior Associate needs to clear written examinations that are conducted internally in the organization.
- As soon as an SBI Clerk gets an experience of 3 years in this role with a CAIIB (Certificate Association of the Indian Institute of Banking) or 4 years experience with a JAIIB (Junior Associate of the Indian Institute of Banking) certification can be promoted to a Trainee Officer.
- By default, it takes 6 years of service for an SBI Clerk to give an exam internally and get to the position of Trainee Officer without an exam. The responsibilities of a Trainee Officer(TO) is the same as a Probationary Officer(PO)
- After the successful completion of the internal exam when SBI Clerk manages to join as an SBI PO. He/She will have a probationary period of 2 years. During these 2 years, an SBI PO will get the rank of JMGS-1 or Junior Management Grade Scale-1.
- Once the 2 year probation period is completed they will be promoted as Middle Management Grade Scale-II.
- If directly an SBI Clerk wants to be an SBI PO he/she can attempt the SBI PO exam and get to a PO's post.
SBI Clerk Job Postings & Transfer Policy
Many individuals worry about the Job Postings away from their Home town or at any distant branch. Let's check out the Transfer Conditions for an SBI CLERK;
- SBI Clerk Junior Associates are not eligible for transfers outside the state for the first 5 years of service.
- It is 8 years for candidates selected in a special recruitment drive for Tura, Kashmir Valley, and Ladakh.
SBI Clerk Salary: Frequently Asked Questions
Question: What is the starting Basic SBI Clerk salary?
Answer: The starting Basic Pay is Rs.19900/-
Question: What are the benefits given to SBI Clerk apart from salary?
Answer: Apart from the salary, employees are given other benefits such as Provident Fund, Pension, Medical leave fare, travel, newspaper, city, and house rent allowance will be offered to the employees.
Question: What is the maximum salary of SBI Clerk?
Answer: The maximum Basic pay of SBI Clerk is Rs 47920.
To read this blog in Hindi: Click Here