TISSNET Eligibility Criteria
TISSNET is a National Entrance Test for all the post-graduate Master's programs provided by various campuses of the Tata Institute of Social Sciences. The MA courses or programs provided by the Tata Institute of Social Sciences are one of the most sought-after Masters Degree courses for applicants who are aiming for a successful career in management. The TISSNET eligibility criteria are as follows:
- The applicants should have finished either a Bachelor's or a Master's Degree with a minimum of three to four years of duration, or its the corresponding equivalent (under the 10+2+4 or 10+2+3 or 10+2+2+1 year course curriculum or any other curriculum that fulfils the requirements of fifteen years of formal education from a university that is recognized by the UGC (University Grants Commission) of India.
- Applicants who get their final year eligibility degree (comprising all internships and examinations, if applicable) within the specified date are also eligible to apply.
- While applying for the course, applicants with a three-year degree program should have passed all subjects from the first to the fourth semesters and applicants with a 4-year degree course should have passed all subjects from the 1st to the 6th semester.
Attempt Free TISSNET Mock Test NOW
New Modifications In The Selection Process Of TISSNET Admission
TISSNET has now made certain modifications in the selection process for its MA program admission. Following more details on its modifications to the TISSNET Eligibility:
- TISSNET offers admission to its Post Graduate Programmes via a two-stage course that has three components.
- In the first phase, applicants need to appear for the TISSNET examination. This process helps TISS to shortlist applicants for the second phase based on the different cut-offs for various programs based on the number of seats, the total number of candidates and the percentage secured by the applicants.
- Now all the chosen candidates of TISSNET can qualify for stage 2 of TISSNET, which includes a personal interview.
Factors Determining TISSNET Eligibility
Tata Institute of Social Sciences has now published the following factors to determine if an applicant is eligible to be able to fill the TISSNET Application Form:–
- ‘Pass Class' specified in the Bachelor's degree of the applicant will be used to determine the candidate's eligibility.
- Applicants who are still in the final year of graduation and have not passed all the courses (major, main or substitute) of the first and second year are not qualified to be selected according to the TISSNET eligibility criteria.
- Candidates with a 10+2+2+1 course curriculum or any other curriculum with 15 years of formal education from an institute/ university that is recognized are qualified to apply.
- Only applicants who can complete all the requirements for their final year Bachelor's Degree examinations within 31 Oct 2022 are qualified to apply to all TISSNET Courses.
- If any of the information provided in the application form is misleading or incorrect, the applicant is not qualified to meet the TISSNET Eligibility.
- If an applicant does not pass the final year exam of the Bachelor's Degree, then the candidate is not eligible to take up the entrance exam in the TISSNET admission program.
- Those applicants who are offered admission in principle but then fail in the final year will not be eligible to continue to the post-graduate program.
- Applicants must provide all the original mark sheets and the other documents during the interview for TISSNET Eligibility. However, applicants will be offered provisional admission if they cannot do so, with the condition that they submit the mark sheets within the date specified.