The UPPSC is looking for suitable people to fill 337 positions. The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) has released a recruitment notice for Review Officer and Assistant Review Officer positions. It would be a great chance for those interested in pursuing a career in law enforcement. Candidates can find all exam-related material on the UPPSC’s official website. We will look into the UPPSC RO ARO Vacancy details in this article.
UPPSC RO ARO Vacancy
The total number of RO ARO positions for regular recruitment is 228 and 109 for special recruitment, according to the official notification for 2021.
Please look at the UPPSC RO ARO Vacancy list of openings below, organized by job title.
|Position||Number of Vacancies|
Also Read: UPPSC RO ARO Exam
Category-wise UPPSC RO ARO Vacancy
Presently, the no. of vacancies for General Recruitment are 228 and for Special Recruitment is 109.
Special recruitment is divided into –
- 04 vacancies (SC-02, OBC-02) for the post of Samiksha Adhikari (Account), U.P Secretariat and
- 105 vacancies (SC-50, ST-07, OBC-48) for the post of Sahayak Samiksha Adhikari, U.P Secretariat.
The following are the departmental specifics for various positions:
|Name of Department||Name of the Post|
|U.P. Secretariat||Samiksha/ Adhikari|
|U.P. Public Service Commission||Samiksha Adhikari|
|Board of Revenue, U.P.||Samiksha Adhikari|
|Office of Chief Election Officer, U.P.||Samiksha Adhikari|
|U.P. Secretariat||Samiksha Adhikari (Account)|
|U.P. Secretariat||Samiksha Adhikari (Hindi)|
|U.P. Secretariat||Samiksha Adhikari (Urdu)|
|U.P. Secretariat||Sahayak Samiksha Adhikari (Account)|
|U.P. Public Service Commission||Sahayak Samiksha Adhikari (Account)|
|U.P. Secretariat||Sahayak Samiksha Adhikari|
|Board of Revenue, U.P.||Sahayak Samiksha Adhikari|
|Office of Chief Election Officer, U.P.||Sahayak Samiksha Adhikari|
|U.P. Public Service Commission||Sahayak Samiksha Adhikari|
- The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission stated in the notification that the number of positions might be increased or decreased at any time due to unforeseen events or requirements with no prior warning to candidates.
- Reservation for candidates from U.P.’s Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes or Economically Weaker Sections would be granted in accordance with the stipulations of applicable government rules.
- Applicants who fall under the horizontal categories of dependents of U.P. Freedom Fighters, ex-servicemen, Physically handicapped, and women will be eligible for reservation as per rule.
- Reservations for physically handicapped of Uttar Pradesh would be allowed for the notified/identified positions.
- According to the official announcement, thirteen times the number of vacancies will be certified successful for the main examination based on the preliminary examination results.
UPPSC RO ARO Eligibility
Candidates who wish to appear for the UPPSC RO ARO Exam must check their eligibility, before applying for the exam to avoid disqualification at a later stage. There are various eligibility criteria are:
Applicants must fall within the lower age limit and the upper age limit. The applicants must be at least 21 years of age and not more than 40 years of age as of 1st July 2021. However, relaxations are allowed in the upper age limit for certain categories of applicants.
The eligibility criteria also lay down the educational qualifications required. Applicants need at least a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent from a recognized university.
Applicants must meet certain physical requirements as laid down in the eligibility criteria.
You can refer to our UPPSC RO ARO Eligibility blog for more information.
The UPPSC has a 3 stage selection process, to recruit candidates for the posts in the UPPSC RO ARO Vacancy. The process includes:
The preliminary exam is open to all the candidates and is of 200 marks. Only candidates who qualify for the preliminary exam can progress to the Mains Exam.
Candidates have to qualify in this 400 marks exam to get selected and called for the personal interview in the next stage.
Candidates will also need to perform well in the interview to get selected for the various posts. Finally, the UPPSC will publish the names of the candidates who have been selected in the Merit List.
UPPSC RO Job Profile
- The RO (Review Officer) has to maintain the file records such as diary and other related documents. The RO must prepare the demand letter and file any pending records in such sections as required.
- The RO must file, retain and monitor the details of documents issued, allocated and accessed.
- The RO must maintain the confidentiality of the documents issued.
UPPSC ARO Job Profile
- The ARO’s( Assistant Review Officer) primary responsibility is to assist the RO as and when required.
- The ARO should coordinate to ensure that the assigned files reach the other assistants and plan accordingly.
- The Section Officer or the Review Officer may allot such other duties as may be to the ARO.
- In the absence of a typist, the ARO must handle the assigned work.
The pay scale of the UPPSC RO ARO Salary would according to the 7th Pay Commission. As such, the pay scale would vary from Rs 47,600 to Rs 1,51,100 for the RO. The ARO’s pay scale would vary from Rs 44,900 to Rs 1,42,400.
Due to the high competition for seats arising from UPPSC RO ARO Vacancy and the limited number of opportunities, the job openings are restricted. As a result, applicants must properly review the syllabus and prepare for the interview to succeed.