The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a national-level entrance exam for admissions to undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) law programs offered by 22 National Law Universities around the country. CLAT Exam for the year 2022 is over and CLAT exam for the year 2023 is being held on 18th December 2022. Registration and other details are not yet published. Meanwhile you can check the key answers and other details here. Hence, in 2022 two CLAT examinations will be held in one year. Keep visiting Oliveboard for real time updates regarding CLAT 2023
CLAT 2023 Latest Update
On 18th December 2022, CLAT exam for the year 2023 will be held. Details concerning registration and other matters are still to be announced.
CLAT 2022 Latest Update
- CLAT 2022 exam provisional key answers are out. You can check the key answers here.
- The CLAT exam is conducted to grant admissions to the following Under-Graduate (UG) & Post-Graduate (PG) courses:
- BA LLB (Bachelor of Arts LLB)
- BSc LLB (Bachelor of Science LLB)
- B.Com LLB (Bachelor of Commerce LLB)
- BBA LLB (Bachelor of Business Administration LLB)
- BSW LLB (Bachelor of Social Work LLB)
- LLM (Master of Law).
These courses are offered by the 22 NLUs for UG & 18 NLUs for PG throughout the country.
CLAT Notification 2023
CLAT 2023 Exam is said to be on 18th December 2022. The registration and other details are yet to be announced. CLAT-2022 was held on June 19, 2022. CLAT-2023 will be held on 18th December 2022. Hence, in 2022 two CLAT examinations will be held in one year.
CLAT 2023- Important Dates
|Event||Dates for CLAT 2022||Dates for CLAT 2023|
|Release of admission notification||December 26, 2021||To be notified|
|Start of CLAT 2022 online application form||January 1, 2022||To be notified|
|Last date to submit the application form||May 9, 2022||To be notified|
|Release of admit card||1st Week of June ||To be notified|
|CLAT 2022 exam date||June 19, 2022||December 18, 2022[Tentative]|
|Release of provisional answer key||June 2022||To be notified|
|Release of final answer key||To be notified||To be notified|
|Declaration of results||To be notified||To be notified|
|Commencement of counselling||To be notified ||To be notified|
Attempt a Mock Test now!
CLAT 2023 Mock Test
CLAT 2023 Mock Test has the following features:
- CLAT Online Test series with 40 mock tests
- Topic & Sectional Mock Tests
- Sectional, topics & GK Tests
- Analyze your performance using our AI-Based Detailed Performance Analysis
- These mock tests will help you identify your strong and weak areas
CLAT 2023 Exam Pattern
CLAT 2023 Exam pattern for Under-graduate programs
The UG-CLAT 2023 shall be a 2-hour test, with 150 multiple-choice questions carrying 1 mark each. There shall be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer. These questions would be divided across the following 5 subjects:
The CLAT online exam is of 150 marks. It is divided into 5 sections:
|Section||Total Questions / Marks|
|English language||150 MCQs / 150 Marks|
|Current affairs including GK|
Attempt a Mock Test now!
CLAT 2023 Exam pattern for Post-Graduate Programs
The first section would include 120 objective-type questions carrying 1 mark each. There shall be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
Eligibility Criteria for CLAT 2023
Eligibility Criteria for CLAT UG Program
- There will be no upper age limit for UG Programme in CLAT 2023.
- As regards the minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2 or an equivalent examination), the candidates must have secured:
- Forty-five percent (45%) marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General / OBC / PWD / NRI / PIO / OCI categories
- Forty Percent (40%) marks or equivalent in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
- Candidates who are appeared in the qualifying examination in March/April 2022 are also eligible to appear in CLAT 2023 examination. However, they shall be required to produce evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
- The result of the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2) shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission failing which the candidate shall be ineligible for admission to the Course.
- In case of equal marks, the break of tie shall be by the following procedure and order as under:
- Higher marks in the component/section on legal aptitude in the CLAT 2023 exam;
- Higher age;
- Computerized draw of lots.
Attempt a Mock Test now!
Eligibility Criteria for CLAT PG Program
- An LL.B Degree or an equivalent examination with a minimum of Fifty percent (50%) of marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI categories and Forty-Five percent (45%) of marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
- Candidates appeared in the qualifying examination in April/May 2022 are also eligible to apply.
- No upper age limit is prescribed for appearing in CLAT 2023.
- Tie Breaker Rule: In case of equal marks, the break of tie shall be by the following procedure and order as under:
i. Higher age;
ii. Computerized draw of lots.
CLAT 2023 Exam Syllabus
The below-given syllabus details are as per the information provided on the official website
It would include 450 words of Passages derived from contemporary or historically significant fiction and non-fiction writing. The difficulty level of the passages would be of the 12th standard level. The passages would be followed by questions based on passage comprehension, inference & conclusions, the meaning of words & phrases, Passage Summary, Comparison.
Current affairs including GK:
This section would include passages derived from news, journalistic sources and other non-fiction writing. It would be followed by questions based on Contemporary events of significance from India and the world, Arts and culture, International affairs and Historical events of continuing significance.
It would contain passages related to fact situations or scenarios involving legal matters, public policy questions or moral philosophical inquiries. Candidates would not require legal knowledge or training to answer the questions based on these passages. The passages would check the candidate's general, moral & philosophical awareness.
This section would have short passages to test the candidate's ability to identify Logical arguments, conclusions, pattern analysis, inferences, relationships and analogies of different arguments & conclusions, etc.
It would contain short sets of facts or propositions, graphs, or other textual, pictorial or diagrammatic representations of numerical information, followed by a series of questions. The level of questions would of 10th Standard.
CLAT 2023 Online Application Process
CLAT 2023 online registration dates have not been released yet. You can follow the same steps once the registration begins.
Prerequisites & Documents required
- Valid Email ID
- Valid Mobile number
- Passport size photograph
- Category certification for SC/ST/OBC candidates
- Relevant certificate for PWD candidates
- Relevant certificate for BPL candidates
- General / OBC / Specially abled & other category candidates - ₹4000/-
- SC/ST category candidates - ₹ 3500/-
- How to Apply Online for CLAT
- Register on CLAT 2023 Official Website
- Validate your Mobile Number through OTP
- Login with your email-id & password
- Carefully fill the online application form.
- Submit Online Application
- Make online payment of Application fees
- Take a copy (print or pdf) of the submitted online CLAT application form.