About Delhi Judicial Services Exam
The Delhi Judicial Service Exam is conducted every year for the recruitment of Civil Judges in the Delhi High Court. The selection process includes three phases like the preliminary exam, the main exam, and the interview round.
Judicial Services Exam Notification
Delhi Judicial Services Exam Notification
HIGH COURT OF DELHI invites online applications from eligible candidates by way of direct recruitment in Delhi Higher Judicial Service by holding Delhi Higher Judicial Service Examination in three successive stages:-
- Delhi Higher Judicial Service Preliminary Examination (Objective type with 25% negative marking) for selection for the main examination; and
- Delhi Higher Judicial Service Main Examination (Written) for selection of candidates for calling for viva voce.
- Viva voce
Delhi Judiciary Services Exam Date
Given below are some important dates related to the Delhi judiciary exam 2021.
|Notification release date||Updated Soon|
|Starting date to apply||Updated Soon|
|last date to apply||Updated Soon|
|Preliminary Examination for the Delhi Judicial Service||Updated Soon|
Delhi Civil Judge Recruitment Eligibility Criteria 2021
The eligibility criteria essential for the Delhi judicial service exam are given below. If you meet the required Delhi Judiciary Eligibility Criteria you can fulfill the form and appear for the examination.
- Aspirants interested in applying must be Indian citizens.
- You must be an advocate who is practicing in India, or have qualifications to be an advocate according to the Advocates Act, 1961
- You must not be more than 32 years as on the examination date announced officially in that particular year.
- If you belong under the category of Scheduled Tribes/ Scheduled Castes, the maximum age limit is extended for five more years.
- In the case of Ex-Servicemen, who have at least military service of 5 years, the maximum age limit is extended for five more years.
Delhi Judicial Services Examinations Application Process 2021
If you are interested in applying for the Delhi judiciary exam 2021, you can fill the applications only through online mode. Follow the below steps to fill the application forms for Delhi Civil Judge Exam correctly.
- Visit the official website of Delhi High Court and login to the portal
- Register yourself by entering all the required details like Name, DOB, Email-ID, Password
- Now, after registration, you will receive the password and user ID.
- Using these login credentials, log in to the account and start filling the form.
- Fill in all the required details like communication details, personal details, and more.
- Upload necessary scanned documents in the prescribed format.
- Pay the respective category-wise fee through online mode and submit.
- Take a printout of the form for future reference.
- Go through the step-by-step instructions provided by the exam conducting authority in the below PDF.
Delhi Judicial Services Exam Application Fee 2021
The fees for Delhi Judicial Services 2021 Exam can be either paid through Debit Card or Internet Banking. Only online mode of payment can be done. There is no offline mode of payment.
|Reserved ||Rs 200/-|
Delhi Judicial Services Exam Pattern 2021
As per the Judiciary Exam Pattern, the recruitment is conducted in three stages – the preliminary examination, the main examination, and the viva voce.
Delhi Judicial Service Preliminary Examination Pattern
- The format is objective and has 200 questions.
- For every wrong answer, 0.25 marks are deducted from the final score.
- The topics include legal problems, general knowledge, and skills in English.
|Mode of Exam||Multiple Choice Type|
|Subjects||General Knowledge and Law|
|Negative Marking||0.25 marks for each incorrect answer|
Delhi Judiciary Main Examination
- The format is descriptive and is given a score out of a total of 850 marks.
- The exam has four sections, with three of them having a total of 200 marks and one 250.
|I||General Knowledge and Language||250|
Delhi Judicial Service Exam Viva Voce
- If you have cleared the main examination, you are enlisted for the viva voce.
- You are given a score out of 150 in the viva voce.
Delhi Judicial Services Syllabus 2021
The detailed information regarding the Delhi Judiciary Exam Syllabus is listed below. Go through the topics minutely so that you can be selected for the viva voce round with relative ease.
Delhi Judiciary Preliminary Examination Syllabus
- The Delhi Civil Judge Recruitment Preliminary question paper is given a score of 200 marks and is based on multiple-choice questions (MCQ) format that is objective in nature.
- It is basically a screening test for the main examination.
- The prelims hold no merit on the final score.
Given below are the topics included in the Prelims Delhi Judiciary exam:
- Limitation Act
- Constitution of India
- Specific Relief Act
- Code of Civil Procedure
- Evidence Act
- Criminal Procedure Code
- Arbitration Law
- Indian Penal Code
- Partnership Act
- Contract Act
- General Knowledge
Delhi Judiciary Main Examination Syllabus
- The Delhi Judicial Service Main Examination is an essay type with a total score of 850 marks.
- There are four different sections, each covering a vast amount of topics.
- Only after clearing the main examination, you shall be called for the viva voce stage.
The topics that need to be studied in detail for the clearance of the main examination are cited below.
Language and General Knowledge
- This section is further divided into two sub-sections.
- Section I comprises the area of general knowledge.
- In the general knowledge section, current legal situations, events, and topics are put forward.
- This section has a total of 100 marks.
- The next sub-section is the language.
- Here, précis writing, translations, and related skills will be tested.
- Both knowledge and expression power in English is credited.
- Negative marking is given in this sub-section owing to grammatical errors, bad expression, word misuse, etc.
- Two passages will be given for translation. One has to be translated from English to Hindi and the other from Hindi to English.
- The total marks in this section are 150.
Civil Law – I
- Indian Contract Act
- Law of Torts
- Indian Sale of Goods Act
- Delhi Rent Control Act
- Hindu Law
- Indian Partnership Act
- Mohammedan Law
- Specific Relief Act
All the questions from the topics above will be essay type. The total score allotted to this section is 200.
Civil Law – II
- Law of Limitation
- Civil Procedure Code
- Law of Registration
- Law of Evidence
This section is given a score out of a total of 200 marks.
- Indian Evidence Act
- Criminal Procedure Code
- Indian Penal Code
Delhi Judiciary Viva Voce Details
Detailed information regarding the viva voce procedure for the DJSE 2021 is compiled below.
- The viva-voce round or the interview process is assigned 150 marks.
- If you have secured at least 40% in both the written examinations and at least have an aggregate of 50% you are selected. This is only applicable to the general category.
- If you belong to the reserved categories, including Scheduled Tribes, Physically Handicapped, and Scheduled Castes you have to obtain 35% in both of the written examinations and have an aggregate of at least 45%.
- A minimum of 50% marks is necessary for the general category to be eligible for Delhi Judiciary Service Exam.
- If you belong to the reserved category you have to secure at least 45% marks to be eligible for DJS Recruitment.
- For the final scoring, marks secured in the main examination and the marks secured in the viva voce will be added to make the aggregate.
To Be Out Soon