About SSC CHSL
The SSC Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level ( SSC CHSL ) is a nationwide exam conducted for the recruitment to the posts of Lower Division Clerk (LDC), Data Entry Operator (DEO), Postal Assistants / Sorting Assistants (PA / SA) in various central government departments and ministries.
SSC CHSL 2022 - Overview
|Dates for submission of online applications||01-02-2022 to 07-03-2022|
|Last date and time for receipt of online applications||07-03-2022 (23:00)|
|Last date and time for making online fee payment||08-03-2022 (23:00)|
|Last date and time for generation of offline Challan||09-03-2022 (23:00)|
|Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank)||10-03-2022|
|Dates of ‘Window for Application Form Correction' and online payment of Correction Charges.||11-03-2022 to 15-03-2022 (23:00)|
|Schedule of Computer Based Examination (Tier-I)||24th May to 10th June, 2022|
|SSC CHSL Result 2022||04th August 2022|
|SSC CHSL Cut Off 2022||04th August 2022|
|SSC CHSL Marks 2022||11th August 2022 to 30th August 2022 |
|SSC CHSL Tier 1 Final Answer Key||16th August 2022 (6 pm) to 15th September 2022 (6 pm)|
|SSC CHSL(10+2) Tier-II Exam Date||18th September 2022 (6 pm)|
SSC CHSL 2021 Latest Updates
The latest updates on SSC CHSL 2021 are mentioned below :
SSC CHSL Tier - 1 Final Answer Key Out
SSC CHSL 2022 Answer Key is released on the official website of SSC on 16th August 2022. The link will be active from 16th August 2022 (6:00 PM) to 15th September 2022 (6:00 PM). Candidates can check and raise objections using the answer key link HERE.
SSC CHSL 2021 Tier - 2 Exam Date
As per the SSC exam calendar, CHSL 2021 Tier -2 (Descriptive) exam will be conducted on 18th September 2022.
Check latest notice here
SSC CHSL 2021 Tier -1 Result
SSC has released the SSC CHSL 2021 Tier -1 Result on its official website. Staff Selection Commission conducted the Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Examination, 2021 (Tier-I) from 24 May 2022 to 10 June 2022 in the Computer Based Mode at various centers all over the country. Click on the link to check SSC CHSL Tier -1 Result
SSC CHSL 2021 Tier - 1 Result
SSC CHSL Tier 3 Typing Tests
SSC on 20 June 2022 by a notice has Revised the rules of SSC Typing Tests. You can find the new rules under the Candidates' Corner in SSC official website.
Download the revised guidelines HERE.
Check complete exam pattern HERE
SSC CHSL Result
SSC CHSL 2020 Tier 2 Result was published on 13 May 2022. The selected candidates are eligible to appear for typing test for the posts LDC/JSA and PA/SA. Click on the link below to check result.
CHECK SSC CHSL TIER-2 RESULT HERE
SSC CHSL Mock Test
The SSC CHSL mock tests have the following features:
- The SSC CHSL online test series consists of 20 sets of Tier 1 mock tests
- All Mock Tests for SSC CHSL exam are prepared as per the latest pattern with detailed solutions
- These mock tests are created by exam toppers and experts
- Analyse your performance using our AI-Based Detailed Performance Analysis
- These mock tests will help you identify your strong and weak areas.
SSC CHSL Exam Notification
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) exam for candidates who have completed their schooling to fill posts like Lower Division Clerk (LDC), Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), Postal Assistant (PA), Sorting Assistant (SA), Court Clerk, and Data Entry Operator (DEO). The SSC selects the appropriate candidates through a computer-based test, a descriptive exam, and a skill/typing test.
The SSC CHSL exam is conducted in three tiers or stages. The first of these is an online exam. The following two are conducted offline. All communication, including registration, takes place online through the official SSC CHSL website. A candidate has to clear each of the first two tiers, one by one. On the basis of the cumulative performance of these two tiers, the list of shortlisted candidates is prepared for the third-tier skill-based test that assesses whether a candidate possesses the required skills. After successfully clearing this stage too, the process of document verification takes place. Finally, the candidates are allotted to the various departments on the basis of their skill sets, merit, and post preference.
Take a Free Mock Test Here
Also Read: SSC CHSL Question Papers
SSC CHSL 2022 Eligibility criteria
The following three criteria must be met in order to register for the SSC CHSL exam.
A candidate must be a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal or a subject of Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee who came over to India (before the 1st January 1962, to settle in India permanently) or a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam (with the intention of permanently settling in India).
A candidate must be 18-27 years of age as of 01-01-2022. There is a provision of relaxation in the upper age limit as follows.
|Code No.||Category||Permissible age relaxation beyond the upper age limit|
|01||SC/ ST||5 years|
|03||Persons with Disabilities (PwD-Unreserved)||10 years|
|04||PwD OBC||13 years|
|05||PwD SC/ ST||15 years|
|06||Ex-Servicemen||03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date.|
|07||Candidates who had domiciled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989.||5 years|
|08||Defence personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.||3 years|
|09||Defence personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof (SC/ ST).||8 years|
|10||Central Government civilian employees who have rendered 3 or more years of regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications.||Up to 40 years of age|
|11||Central Government civilian employees who have rendered 3 or more years of regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications (SC/ ST).||Up to 45 years of age|
|12||Widows/Divorced women or judicially separated women and who are not remarried.||Up to 35 years of age|
|13||Widows/Divorced women or judicially separated women and who are not remarried (SC/ ST).||Up to 40 years of age|
| || || |
Take a Free Mock Test Here
Educational Qualifications (As on 07-03-2022)
- For LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO (except DEOs in C&AG): Candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- For Data Entry Operator (DEO Grade ‘A') in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): 12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
- The candidates must possess Essential qualification on or before the closing date for receipt of online applications i.e. 07-03-2022.
- As per Ministry of Human Resource Development Notification dated 10-06-2015 published in Gazette of India all the degrees/ diplomas /certificates awarded through Open and Distance Learning mode of education by the Universities established by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature, Institutions Deemed to be Universities under Section 3 of the University Grant Commission Act, 1956 and Institutions of National Importance declared under an Act of Parliament stand automatically recognized for the purpose of employment to posts and services under the Central Government provided they have been approved by the Distance Education Bureau, University Grants Commission. Accordingly, unless such degrees are recognized for the relevant period when the candidates acquired the qualification, they will not be accepted for the purpose of Educational Qualification.
SSC CHSL 2022: Apply Online
You can apply for the SSC CHSL exam by following the steps below:
- Visit the SSC official website – https://ssc.nic.in/
- Next click on the tab "Apply." Now click on the "Combined Higher Secondary Level" exam.
- After filling in all the required information, it will generate the registration number and password.
- Next, fill in the required personal details and educational qualifications.
- Upload a scanned copy of your passport size photograph and signature.
- Now, You can select any three examination centres within the same region
- Carefully verify the information when you have completed the form. Once you submit the form, it's final and you can't make any further changes to the application form
- Finally, pay the application fee.
Documents required during form-filling
The following documents should be kept at hand so that the form filling is smooth and uninterrupted.
- A scanned copy of the applicant's signature (of a size 1 kb < Size < 12 kb) in JPG format.
- A scanned copy of a passport-sized photograph of the candidate that is not more than three months old from the date of notification of the examination (size 20 kb < Size < 50 kb) in JPG format. The date of when the photograph was taken should be typed and be clearly visible on the photograph and on its scanned version too.
- Valid e-mail ID of the candidate for the purpose of registration and all related correspondence.
- Valid ID proof of the candidate.
SSC CHSL Exam: Application fee
All candidates who submit their application for taking the SSC CHSL exams are required to submit an application fee of Rs. 100/- with the exception of women, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen candidates. This fee is to be paid only through the State Bank of India (SBI) either in the form of a challan or through SBI's Net Banking facility or any other bank's credit/debit card. The challan form is to be generated online. In order to pay the fee in cash, the candidate should take a printout of the challan generated online after the completion of Part-1 of the registration and deposit the requisite fee in any SBI branch and only then continue with the registration process.
SSC CHSL Admit card
Within a stipulated time after registration has been completed, an e-admit card/hall ticket/call letter is generated and assigned to the candidate. This can be downloaded from the official website of SSC. The admit card for the CHSL Tier-1 exam will be released first. The admit card of the CHSL Tier-2 exam is released to only those candidates who clear the Tier-1 exam and have thereby qualified for the Tier-2 exam.
Take a Free Mock Test Here
SSC CHSL Salary & Payscale
The modified salary structure for the different posts under the SSC CHSL exam, after implementation of the Seventh Pay Commission recommendations, is as follows.
|Post||Basic pay||HRA||TA||Gross salary||In hand|
|DEO – I||25500||6120||3600||35220||31045|
|DEO – II||25500||4080||1800||31380||27205|
|DEO – III||25500||2040||1800||29340||25165|
SSC CHSL 2022 Vacancy
SSC is yet to release the vacancies for SSC CHSL 2022. It will be announced on the official website in due course. Updated vacancy positions will be uploaded on the website of the Commission (https://ssc.nic.in->Candidate's Corner- > Tentative Vacancy).
Resolution process in case there is a tie between candidates
In case two candidates score the same in the cumulative result of Tier-1 and Tier-2 stages, then the following criteria, in the given order, helps decide the candidate who should be ranked higher in the merit list.
- Marks obtained in Tier-II examination.
- Marks obtained in Tier-I examination.
- Date of birth, with the older candidate, placed higher. The logic is that the younger candidate will have more chances to take the same exam in the coming years.
- Alphabetical order of the appearance of the names of the candidates.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern
|Tier I Exam||Computer based Multiple Choice Questions|
|Tier II||Descriptive – English/Hindi|
|Tier III||Skill Test/Computer Test|
SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam Pattern:
|General Intelligence ||50|
SSC CHSL Tier 2 Exam Pattern:
|Essay Writing & Letter and Application Writing||100|
SSC CHSL Tier 3 Exam Pattern: Typing Test
|Language||Pass Criteria||Test Duration|
|English||35 wpm||15 minutes*|
|Hindi||30 wpm||15 minutes*|
*For the visually handicapped (40% disability) the test duration is 30 minutes.
SSC CHSL Exam: Syllabus
Section-wise Syllabus of SSC CHSL is as follows :
SSC CHSL Tier I Syllabus
|General Intelligence||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||General Awareness|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension||History|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Cloze Test||Culture|
|Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test||Mixtures and Allegations||Para jumbles||Geography|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple Interest, Compound Interest, Surds and Indices||Miscellaneous||Economy|
|Coded Inequalities||Work and Time||Fill in the blanks||General Policy|
|Seating Arrangement||Time and Distance||Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting||Scientific Research|
|Puzzle||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Paragraph Completion||Awards and Honors|
|Tabulation||Data Interpretation||One Word Substitution||Books and Authors|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage||Active/Passive Voice || |
|Blood Relations||Number Systems|| || |
|Input Output||Sequence and Series|| || |
|Coding Decoding||Permutation, Combination and Probability|| || |
SSC CHSL Tier II Syllabus
|Essay Writing||National Interest, Finance and Economy Ecological Issues, Politics, Social Issues, Schemes and Governance, Sports Technology, Geopolitics, Environmental Concerns, etc.|
|Letter and Application Writing||Official Appreciation, Suggestion, Follow up or Feedback, Complaints, Other Applications, etc.|
SSC CHSL Tier-III (Skill Test/ Typing Test)
- Skill Test/ Typing Test for the shortlisted candidates will be conducted on the computers provided by the Commission or its authorized agency.
- Skill Test/ Typing Test will be conducted in the cities where Regional Offices of the Commission are located or as decided by the Commission.
- Skill Test/ Typing Test will be of qualifying nature.
- Errors in the Skill Test will be calculated up to 2 decimal places.
Take a Free Mock Test Here
SSC CHSL Exam Result
The SSC will publish the results for each stage. You can check your results by going to the official website https://ssc.nic.in
How to check your SSC CHSL Exam Result?
- Visit the website – https://ssc.nic.in
- Click on the ‘Result' tab.
- Search for the result which corresponds to your exam and click on it.
- You will find your results.
SSC CHSL Cut Off
24th May to 10th June 2022
To Be Out Soon