About SSC CHSL
Every year, the Staff Selection Commission holds the SSC CHSL exam for recruitment to various Ministries/Departments/Organizations of the Indian government. SSC CHSL is an abbreviation for Staff Selection Commissioned Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination. The SSC CHSL 2023 notification PDF for 4500 vacancies has been released, along with the revised selection process and exam date. SSC fills thousands of vacancies in government departments each year through the SSC CHSL exam. On this page, we have provided you with all of the information available in the SSC CHSL Notification 2023. Please read the entire page if you are interested in taking the SSC CHSL exam in 2023.
Take a Free Mock Test Here
SSC CHSL Notification 2023 - Overview
SSC CHSL Notification 2023 was released on 06th December 2023 by the Staff Selection Committee. Here we have shared an overview of the SSC CHSL exam 2023. Please check the table given below.
|Exam Name||SSC CHSL 2023|
|SSC CGL Full Form||Staff Selection Commission Combined Higher Secondary Level|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Date||9th to 21st March 2023|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Eligibility||Indian citizenship & 12th pass|
|Selection Process||Tier 1 and Tier 2|
SSC CHSL Notification 2023 - Important Dates
The official notification for the SSC CHSL exam 2023 was released on 6th December 2022. The online exam is scheduled to be held from 9th March to 21st March 2023. The Important Dates for SSC CHSL Exam are given below.
|Date of the release of notification||6th December 2022|
|Dates for submission of online applications||From 6th December 2022|
|Last date and time for receipt of online applications||04-01-2023 (23:00)|
|Last date and time for making online fee payment||05-01-2023 (23:00)|
|Last date and time for the generation of offline Challan||To be notified|
|Dates of ‘Window for Application Form Correction' and |
online payment of Correction Charges.
|09-01-2023 to 10-01-2023 (23:00)|
|Schedule of Computer-Based Examination (Tier-I)||09th to 21st March|
|Dates of Tier-I Examination ||09th to 21st March|
SSC CHSL Notification 2023 - Download PDF
SSC on 6th December 2022 has released the SSC CHSL 2022 Notification. Approximately 4500 vacancies has been announced for this year's SSC CHSL Exam. The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) exam for candidates who have completed their schooling to fill posts like Lower Division Clerk (LDC), Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), Postal Assistant (PA), Sorting Assistant (SA), Court Clerk, and Data Entry Operator (DEO). The SSC selects the appropriate candidates through a computer-based test, a descriptive exam, and a skill/typing test.
Download the SSC CHSL Notification PDF
SSC CHSL Notification 2023 - Apply Online
The online application form link is available at the official website from 06th December 2022. The official SSC CHSL registration can link is mentioned below. The candidates can now click o the direct SSC CHSL apply online link given below and begin the registration process without any delay. The last date for SSC CHSL application form is 4th January 2023.
SSC CHSL Notification 2023 - Apply Online Direct Link
SSC CHSL Notification 2023 - Application Fee
Application fees for SSC CHSL needs to paid online. Application forms without application fees (wherever applicable) will be rejected immediately. The application fees for the various categories are as follows:
|Male (General/OBC)||₹ 100|
|Female (All Category)||Exempted (No fees)|
|SC/ST/Ex-Servicemen||Exempted (No fees)|
SSC CHSL Notification 2023 - Eligibility
SSC CHSL Eligibility 2022 is as follows :
A candidate has to fulfil the following age criteria.
- Minimum Age – 18 years
- Maximum Age – 27 years
There is a provision of relaxation in the upper age limit as follows.
|Code No.||Category||Permissible age relaxation beyond the upper age limit|
|01||SC/ ST||5 years|
|03||Persons with Disabilities (PwD-Unreserved)||10 years|
|04||PwD OBC||13 years|
|05||PwD SC/ ST||15 years|
|06||Ex-Servicemen||03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date.|
|07||Candidates who had domiciled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989.||5 years|
|08||Defence personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.||3 years|
|09||Defence personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof (SC/ ST).||8 years|
|10||Central Government civilian employees who have rendered 3 or more years of regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications.||Up to 40 years of age|
|11||Central Government civilian employees who have rendered 3 or more years of regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications (SC/ ST).||Up to 45 years of age|
|12||Widows/Divorced women or judicially separated women and who are not remarried.||Up to 35 years of age|
|13||Widows/Divorced women or judicially separated women and who are not remarried (SC/ ST).||Up to 40 years of age|
Take a Free Mock Test Here
Essential Educational Qualifications (Crucial date to be announced)
- For LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, and DEO (except DEOs in C&AG): Candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- For Data Entry Operator (DEO Grade ‘A') in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): 12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
- The candidates must possess essential qualifications on or before the closing date for receipt of online applications.
SSC CHSL Notification 2023 - Vacancy
Tentative vacancies: There are approx. 4500 vacancies. However, firm vacancies will be determined in due course. Updated vacancies, if any, along with Post-wise & category-wise vacancies will be made available on the website of the Commission.
Also Read: SSC CHSL Question Papers
SSC CHSL Notification 2023 - Steps to Apply
You can apply for the SSC CHSL exam by following the steps below:
- Visit the SSC official website – https://ssc.nic.in/
- Next click on the tab "Apply." Now click on the "Combined Higher Secondary Level" exam.
- After filling in all the required information, it will generate the registration number and password.
- Next, fill in the required personal details and educational qualifications.
- Upload a scanned copy of your passport-size photograph and signature.
- Now, You can select any three examination centres within the same region
- Carefully verify the information when you have completed the form. Once you submit the form, it's final and you can't make any further changes to the application form
- Finally, pay the application fee.
Documents required during form-filling
The following documents should be kept at hand so that the form filling is smooth and uninterrupted.
- A scanned copy of the applicant's signature (of a size 1 kb < Size < 12 kb) in JPG format.
- A scanned copy of a passport-sized photograph of the candidate that is not more than three months old from the date of notification of the examination (size 20 kb < Size < 50 kb) in JPG format. The date of when the photograph was taken should be typed and be clearly visible on the photograph and on its scanned version too.
- Valid e-mail ID of the candidate for the purpose of registration and all related correspondence.
- Valid ID proof of the candidate.
Take a Free Mock Test Here
SSC CHSL Notification 2023 - Syllabus
Section-wise Syllabus of SSC CHSL is as follows :
SSC CHSL Tier I Syllabus
|General Intelligence||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||General Awareness|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension||History|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Cloze Test||Culture|
|Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test||Mixtures and Allegations||Para jumbles||Geography|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple Interest, Compound Interest, Surds and Indices||Miscellaneous||Economy|
|Coded Inequalities||Work and Time||Fill in the blanks||General Policy|
|Seating Arrangement||Time and Distance||Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting||Scientific Research|
|Puzzle||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Paragraph Completion||Awards and Honors|
|Tabulation||Data Interpretation||One Word Substitution||Books and Authors|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage||Active/Passive Voice || |
|Blood Relations||Number Systems|| || |
|Input Output||Sequence and Series|| || |
|Coding Decoding||Permutation, Combination and Probability|| || |
Take a Free Mock Test Here
SSC CHSL Tier II Syllabus
|Mathematical Abilities||Number Systems: Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers|
Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Alligation, Time and distance, Time and work
Algebra: Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
Mensuration: Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base.
Trigonometry: Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities like sin2𝜃 + Cos2𝜃=1 etc.
Statistics and probability: Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart; Measures of central tendency: mean, median, mode, standard deviation; calculation of simple probabilities
|(Reasoning and General Intelligence||Questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. These will include questions on Semantic Analogy, Symbolic operations, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Trends, Figural Analogy, Space Orientation, Semantic Classification, Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Drawing inferences, Figural Classification, Punched hole/ pattern-folding & unfolding, Semantic Series, Figural Pattern-folding and completion, Number Series, Embedded figures, Figural Series, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence, Word Building, Social Intelligence, Coding and de-coding, Numerical operations, Other subtopics, if any|
|(English Language And Comprehension||Vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms and their correct usage; Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/ Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting mis-spelt words, Idioms & Phrases, One word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage. To test comprehension, two or more paragraphs will be given and questions based on those will be asked. At least one paragraph should be a simple one based on a book or a story and the other paragraph should be based on current affairs editorial or a report.|
|General Awareness||Questions are designed to test the candidates' general awareness of the environment around them and its application to society. Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General policy and scientific research.|
|Computer Proficiency||Computer Basics: Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), input/ output devices, computer memory, memory organization, back- up devices, PORTs, Windows Explorer, Keyboard shortcuts |
Software: Windows Operating system including basics of Microsoft Office like MS word, MS Excel and Power Point etc..
Working with Internet and e-mails: Web Browsing & Searching, Downloading & Uploading, Managing an E-mail Account, e-Banking.
Basics of networking and cyber security: Networking devices and protocols, Network and information security threats (like hacking, virus, worms, Trojan etc.) and preventive measures.
SSC CHSL Notification 2023 - Exam Pattern
Check the complete SSC CHSL Exam Pattern below :
SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam Pattern
|General Intelligence ||25||50|
- Total time of 60 minutes is there.
- The Tier-I Examination will consist of Objective Type, Multiple choice questions only. The questions will be set in English and Hindi for Part-II, III & IV.
- There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the questions.
SSC CHSL Tier 2 Exam Pattern
The SSC CHSL exam pattern has been changed this year, find the updated exam pattern below.
|Maximum Marks||Time allowed|
& 15 minutes)
Module-I: Mathematical Abilities
Module-II: Reasoning and General Intelligence.
Total = 60
|1 hour (for each section) (1 hour & 20 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe as per Para-8.1 and 8.2)|
| || ||Section-II:|
Module-I: English Language & Comprehension
Module-II: General Awareness
Total = 60
| || ||Section-III:|
Module-I: Computer Knowledge Module
|15 Minutes (20 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe as per Para-8.1 and 8.2)|
Module-II: Skill Test/ Typing Test Module
|Part A: Skill Test for DEOs.||–||15 Minutes (20 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe as per Para-8.1 and 8.2)|
| || || ||Part B: Typing Test for LDC/ JSA.||–||10 Minutes (15 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe as per Para-8.1 and 8.2)|
*For the visually handicapped (40% disability) the test duration is 30 minutes.
Take a Free Mock Test Here
Points to mention –
- Tier-II will be conducted in two sessions – Session –I & Session-II, on same day. Session-I will include conducting of Section-I, Section-II and Module-I of Section-III. Session-II will include conducting of Module-II of Section-III.
- It will be mandatory for the candidates to qualify all the sections of Tier-II.
- Tier-II will consist of Objective Type, Multiple choice questions, except for Module-II of Section-III. The questions will be set in English and Hindi except for Module-II (i.e. English Language and Comprehension module) in Section-II.
- There will be negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer in Section-I, Section-II and Module-I of Section-III. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the questions.
- Module-I of Section-III i.e. Computer Knowledge Test is mandatory but qualifying in nature.
Module-II of Section-III i.e. Skill Test/ Typing Test:
- Module-II of Section-III will include conducting of Skill Test/ Typing Test in Session-II on the same day.
- Skill Test/ Typing Test will be of qualifying nature.
- Errors in the Skill Test will be calculated up to 2 decimal places.
Skill test/Typing test will be conducted as per the following scheme.
- Skill Test is mandatory for Data Entry Operators. No candidate is exempted from appearing in the Skill Test.
- Part A -Skill Test for the post of DEO/ DEO Grade ‘A – ‘Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (Eight Thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer' will be adjudged on the basis of the correct entry of words/ key depressions as per the given passage. The duration of the
- Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes and printed matter in English containing about 2000-2200 key-depressions would be given to each candidate who would enter the same in the Computer. The passage to be entered in the Computer may also be displayed on the computer screen.
- Part B – Typing Test for other posts i.e. LDC/ JSA: The medium of Typing Test will be Hindi or English. The candidates will have to opt for the medium of Typing Test (i.e. either Hindi or English) in the online Application Form.
Take a Free Mock Test Here
SSC CHSL Notification 2023 - Exam Center
SSC conducts the CHSL exam at various centers across the country. The number of exam centers may vary each year, but generally, there are around 3,000 centers available. The locations of centers are spread across different states and union territories in India. The centers are located in major cities as well as smaller towns to ensure that candidates from all parts of the country have access to a nearby center.
|S.no.||SSC Region and States||Examination Centers & Center Code|
|1||Central Region (CR)/ Bihar and Uttar Pradesh|
- Bhagalpur (3201)
- Darbhanga (3202)
- Muzaffarpur (3205)
- Patna (3206)
- Purnea (3209)
- Agra (3001)
- Aligarh (3002)
- Allahabad (3003)
- Bareilly (3005)
- Gorakhpur (3007)
- Jhansi (3008)
- Kanpur (3009)
- Lucknow (3010)
- Meerut (3011)
- Moradabad (3015)
- Varanasi (3013)
|2||Eastern Region (ER)/ Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Jharkhand, Odisha, Sikkim and West Bengal|
- Port Blair (4802)
- Bokaro (4201)
- Dhanbad (4206)
- Hazaribag (4204)
- Jamshedpur (4207)
- Ranchi (4205)
- Balasore (4601)
- Berhampur- Ganjam (4602)
- Bhubaneshwar (4604)
- Cuttack (4605)
- Rourkela (4610)
- Sambalpur (4609)
- Gangtok (4001)
- Asansol (4417)
- Hooghly (4418)
- Kolkata (4410)
- Siliguri (4415).
|3||Karnataka, Kerala Region (KKR)/ Lakshadweep, Karnataka and Kerala|
- Belgaum (9002)
- Bengaluru (9001)
- Hubli (9011)
- Gulbarga (9005)
- Mangalore (9008)
- Mysore (9009)
- Shimoga (9010)
- Udupi (9012)
- Ernakulam (9213)
- Kannur (9202)
- Kollam (9210)
- Kottayam (9205)
- Kozhikode (9206)
- Thrissur (9212)
- Thiruvananthapuram (9211)
- Kavaratti (9401).
|4||Madhya Pradesh Sub-Region (MPR)/Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh|
- Bhilai Nagar (6206)
- Bilaspur (6202)
- Raipur (6204)
- Bhopal (6001)
- Gwalior (6005)
- Indore (6006)
- Jabalpur (6007)
- Sagar (6015)
- Satna (6014)
- Ujjain (6016).
|5||North Eastern Region (NER)/ Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura.|
- Itanagar (5001)
- Dibrugarh (5102)
- Guwahati (Dispur) (5105)
- Jorhat (5107)
- Silchar (5111)
- Tejpur (5112)
- Churachandpur (5502)
- Imphal (5501)
- Shillong (5401)
- Aizwal (5701)
- Kohima (5302)
- Agartala (5601).
|6||Northern Region (NR)/ Delhi, Rajasthan and Uttarakhand|
- Delhi NCR (2201)
- Ajmer (2401)
- Alwar (2402)
- Bikaner (2404)
- Jaipur (2405)
- Jodhpur (2406)
- Kota (2407)
- Sikar (2411)
- Sriganganagar (2408)
- Udaipur (2409)
- Dehradun (2002), Haldwani (2003), Roorkee (2005).
|7||North Western Sub-Region (NWR)/ Chandigarh, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir and Punjab|
- Chandigarh (1601)
- Hamirpur (1202)
- Shimla (1203)
- Jammu (1004)
- Leh (1005)
- Samba (1010)
- Srinagar (J&K) (1007)
- Amritsar (1404)
- Jalandhar (1402)
- Ludhiana (1405)
- Mohali (1406)
- Patiala (1403)
|8||Southern Region (SR)/ Andhra Pradesh, Puducherry, Tamil Nadu and Telangana.|
- Chirala (8011)
- Guntur (8001)
- Kakinada (8009)
- Kurnool (8003)
- Nellore (8010)
- Rajahmundry (8004)
- Tirupati (8006)
- Vijaywada (8008)
- Vishakhapatnam (8007)
- Vizianagaram (8012)
- Puducherry (8401)
- Chennai (8201)
- Coimbatore (8202)
- Madurai (8204)
- Salem (8205)
- Tiruchirapalli (8206)
- Tirunelveli (8207)
- Vellore (8208)
- Hyderabad (8601)
- Karimnagar (8604)
- Warangal (8603).
|9||Western Region (WR)/ Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu, Goa, Gujarat and Maharashtra|
- Panaji (7801)
- Ahmedabad (7001)
- Anand (7011)
- Gandhinagar (7012)
- Mehsana (7013)
- Rajkot (7006)
- Surat (7007)
- Vadodara (7002)
- Amravati (7201)
- Aurangabad (7202)
- Jalgaon (7214)
- Kolhapur (7203)
- Mumbai (7204)
- Nagpur (7205)
- Nanded (7206)
- Nashik (7207)
- Navi Mumbai (7217)
- Pune (7208).
SSC CHSL Notification 2023 - Admit Card
The SSC CHSL Tier 1 Admit Card will be released a week before the exam by the SSC. We have mentioned the direct download links of different regions for the admit card in the below table.
|Regions||States Covered||Admit Card Link|
|Central Region||Uttar Pradesh (UP) and Bihar||Download Here|
|North Eastern Region||Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, and Nagaland||Download Here|
|Western Region||Maharashtra, Gujarat, and Goa||Download Here|
|MP Sub-Region||Madhya Pradesh (MP), and Chhattisgarh||Download Here|
|North Western Region||J&K, Haryana, Punjab, and Himachal Pradesh (HP)||Download Here|
|North Region||Delhi, Rajasthan, and Uttarakhand||Download Here|
|Southern Region||Andhra Pradesh (AP), Puducherry, and Tamilnadu||Download Here|
|Eastern Region||West Bengal (WB), Orrisa, Sikkim, and A&N Island||Download Here|
|KKR Region||Karnatka Kerala Region||Download Here|
SSC CHSL Notification 2023 - Salary & Payscale
The modified salary structure for the different posts under the SSC CHSL exam, after implementation of the Seventh Pay Commission recommendations, is as follows.
|Post||Basic pay||HRA||TA||Gross salary||In hand|
|DEO – I||25500||6120||3600||35220||31045|
|DEO – II||25500||4080||1800||31380||27205|
|DEO – III||25500||2040||1800||29340||25165|
Take a Free Mock Test Here
SSC CHSL Notification 2023 - Exam Result
The SSC will publish the results for each stage. You can check your results by going to the official website https://ssc.nic.in
How to check your SSC CHSL Exam Result?
- Visit the website – https://ssc.nic.in
- Click on the ‘Result' tab.
- Search for the result which corresponds to your exam and click on it.
- You will find your results.
SSC CHSL Notification 2023 - Cut Off
SSC will release the SSC CHSL 2022 Result on its official website after the examination. Staff Selection Commission will conduct the Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Examination, 2022 (Tier-I) from Feb to Mar 2023 in the Computer Based Mode at various centers all over the country.
- As the Tier-I Computer-Based Examination will be conducted in multiple shifts, marks scored by the candidates will be normalized as per the formula published by the Commission on its website.
- Such normalized marks will be used to qualify the candidates for the next stage of the Examination (i.e. Tier II).
- Category-wise details of the result for Tier-I of SSC CHSL 2021 and the cut-offs for each category are as under:
|Category||Cut-off Marks||Candidates Available|
SSC CHSL Notification 2023 - Tier 1 Answer Key
SSC CHSL Tier 1 exam was held from 24th May 2022 to 10th April 2022. The SSC CHSL Tier 1 final answer key is released by the SSC on 15th September 2022. Candidates can check the final answer key using the link below.
SSC CHSL 2021 Tier-1 Final Answer Key - Check Now (Active until 15 September 2022)
How to Download SSC CHSL Tier 1 Final Answer Key?
Candidates can follow the below-mentioned steps to check SSC CHSL 2020-21 Tier 1 Final Answer Key:
- Visit the official website of Staff Selection Commission @ssc.nic.in
- On the home page, navigate to the Answer Key section
- Click on the Answer Key Section, a new page will open
- The new page will contain details on various Answer Keys for SSC Exams
- Check the notification for SSC CHSL Tier 1 final answer key and click on it.
- A PDF will open at the end of the PDF will be a link for checking the answer key
- Click on the link and enter your User ID and password created at the time of registration
- The SSC CHSL Tier 1 final answer key will be displayed on the screen
- Download the answer key to check your responses.
Also Read - SSC CHSL Exam Other Information