Knowing the syllabus is very helpful for the candidates in preparing for the exam. This section deals with the syllabus of SSC CHSL exam.
SSC CHSL Exam - Syllabus
The SSC CHSL exam consists of three stages
- Tier-2 (Subjective)
- Tier-3 (Skill Test)
SSC CHSL Tier I Syllabus
|General Intelligence||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||General Awareness|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension||History|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Cloze Test||Culture|
|Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test||Mixtures and Allegations||Para jumbles||Geography|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple Interest, Compound Interest, Surds and Indices||Miscellaneous||Economy|
|Coded Inequalities||Work and Time||Fill in the blanks||General Policy|
|Seating Arrangement||Time and Distance||Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting||Scientific Research|
|Puzzle||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Paragraph Completion||Awards and Honors|
|Tabulation||Data Interpretation||One Word Substitution||Books and Authors|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage||Active/Passive Voice || |
|Blood Relations||Number Systems|| || |
|Input Output||Sequence and Series|| || |
|Coding Decoding||Permutation, Combination and Probability|| || |
Take a Free Mock Test Here
SSC CHSL Tier II Syllabus
- Tier-II Paper will be a descriptive Paper of 100 Marks in ‘Pen and Paper' Mode. The duration of the Descriptive Paper will be for one hour (20 minutes compensatory time will also be provided to the candidates eligible for scribe as per Para 8.1 and 8.2 above). The Paper will comprise of writing Essay/ Letter/ Application/ Precis etc.
- The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 per cent.
- The paper will have to be written either in Hindi or in English. Part paper written in Hindi and Part in English will be awarded zero marks.
|Essay Writing||National Interest, Finance and Economy Ecological Issues, Politics, Social Issues, Schemes and Governance, Sports Technology, Geopolitics, Environmental Concerns, etc.|
|Letter and Application Writing||Official Appreciation, Suggestion, Follow up or Feedback, Complaints, Other Applications, etc.|
Take a Free Mock Test Here
SSC CHSL Tier-III (Skill Test/ Typing Test)
- Skill Test/ Typing Test for the shortlisted candidates will be conducted on the computers provided by the Commission or its authorized agency.
- Skill Test/ Typing Test will be conducted in the cities where Regional Offices of the Commission are located or as decided by the Commission.
- Skill Test/ Typing Test will be of qualifying nature.
- Errors in the Skill Test will be calculated up to 2 decimal places.