The National Law University Delhi releases the AILET exam pattern for candidates who wish to appear for the BA LLB and the LLM exams. Candidates need to be aware of the AILET exam pattern as it lets them know the test structure and the basic rules and regulations. There are a few changes in the exam pattern this year, like the maths section being eliminated from the BA LLB exam and the LLM test comprising of two sections- one objective and the other subjective. Read the complete article to know about the latest AILET examination pattern that has been set by the examining body.
Overview of the AILET exam pattern
Here is a snapshot of the AILET exam pattern.
|Exam mode||Offline model||Offline mode|
|Exam duration||90 minutes||90 minute|
|Type of question||Multiple choice questions (MCQs)||Multiple choice questions and descriptive|
|Total questions||150||100 MCQs and 10 descriptive (Only 2 to be answered from descriptive section)|
1 mark is awarded For each correct answer
0.25 mark is deducted for a wrong answer
For each correct answer, 1 mark is awarded;
0.25 mark is deducted for a wrong attempt
|Descriptive section - Each question will carry 25 marks|
|Language of exam||English||English|
AILET Exam Pattern: Important points to note
- The AILET entrance test is conducted offline. Candidates are given the booklet and the OMR sheet along with a rough paper
- The candidate has to mark the answers on the OMR sheet with a blue or a black ballpoint pen
AILET Exam Pattern for BA LLB
|Subject Area||Old ||New ||Maximum marks Marks|
|Total ||150||150|| |
The BA LLB is a 5-year course and is offered by the National Law University Delhi. The candidates compete to fill 80 seats in this program. The aspirants need to understand the AILET exam pattern to prepare well.
Here is an overview of the BA LLB AILET exam pattern
- English- Vocabulary Comprehension, Synonyms Basic Grammar, Antonyms, etc.
- General Knowledge- General Science Current Affairs, Nobel Laureates, Geography History, Civics, Eminent Personalities, Economics.
- Legal Aptitude- Statements & Arguments Statement & Assertions, Number Test, Assertion-Reason.
- Logical Reasoning- Legal Maxims, Indian Constitution, Indian Contract Act.
- Elementary Mathematics- Number system, Geometry Algebra, height, distance profit & loss, etc.
AILET Exam Pattern for LLB
|Section||Parts||Question Type||No. of Questions|
|Section A||Part 1||Multiple-choice Questions||50|
| ||Part 2||Multiple-choice Questions||50|
|Section B||Candidates have to choose 2 out of 8 questions||Descriptive questions||2|
|Total|| || ||102|
Important topics in AILET LLM
|Law of Contracts||Family Law|
|Property Law||Intellectual Property Law|
|Law of Trots||Criminal Law|
|Constitutional Law||Legal Theory|
The LLM course is a post-graduate program that spans 1 year. The exam pattern is structured in a way that the candidate needs to answer 100 objective-type questions that carry 100 marks, and 50 marks are set aside for essay-type questions.
AILET Exam Pattern for Ph.D
- The candidate has to appear for the AILET objective-type questions within a 90 min time limit.
- The written test is qualifying in nature, and the marks are not considered in the final selection.
- The questions are framed around legal research aptitude and research methodology.
- The candidates who secure 50% marks or 40% in the case of ST/SC and PWD out of 100 in the written test are asked to submit their research proposal. The proposal should be on the topic that the candidate wants to pursue in his Ph.D.
The research proposal will have the following details:
- The research paper title
- A brief idea, information, and statement on the concerned subject
- Research questions, methodology, and hypothesis
- Research structure
Marking Scheme in the AILET exam
- A correct answer gets you 1 mark
- An incorrect answer takes away 0.25 marks
- Unattempted questions will give you no marks
The National Law University Delhi has revised the All India Law Entrance test or AILET exam pattern for their BA LLB, LLM and Ph.D. programs. Now instead of attempting five sections, the AILET candidates will have to appear for three sections only. There are also some changes in the exam pattern and the marking scheme, as well as the tie-breaking method. It is thus essential that candidates know the detailed AILET exam pattern to get an idea of the sections, kind of questions, a number of questions, and many more.
What is the AILET exam pattern?
The AILET exam pattern is set by the NLU Delhi. The exam is conducted in a pen and paper mode where the candidate needs to answer MCQ questions and fill-up the OMR sheet. Knowing the pattern lets the aspirants understand the kind of questions and the patterns, which lets them prepare well for the exam.
Can I cut the answer after marking it in the OMR sheet?
You cannot cut your answer after marking it on the OMR sheet, which, if you do so, will lead to mark deduction. It is best to use a pencil to mark the answer, so there is no complication.
Will the AILET exam be conducted offline or online?
The AILET exam is conducted offline. The examination is a pen and paper examination. You will have to carry your admit card and identity proof to the exam centre to appear for the paper.
Why should you know the AILET exam pattern?
Knowing the AILET exam pattern lets you prepare well for the examination. You will now know the sections to focus more on and the marking pattern, so you can attempt your mock papers accordingly.