The BHU LLB Entrance Exam, also known as the BLAT, is conducted by BHU to enable aspiring students to avail themselves of the best opportunity for a career in law. The University offers admission to 3-year and 5-year Law courses. The notification for the 2022 entrance test is yet to be released. The BHU LLB entrance exam 2022 is expected to be conducted sometime in May 2022. This article will provide you with BHU LLB Entrance Examination Syllabus, marking scheme, and preparation Tips to perform better in the examination.
BHU LLB Entrance Examination Syllabus
The examination is divided into four sections. They are:
- Current Affairs & General Awareness
- English/ Hindi Comprehension
- Aptitude & Mental Ability
- Common Legal Knowledge
There is no fixed syllabus issued by the University yet. Candidates can look into the following and have an idea about the topics to be covered for the examination.
Current Affairs & General Awareness
This section is to evaluate the candidate's knowledge of recent National and International happenings. They should read the newspapers/ magazines/ journals and watch informative programs on the television. The important topics for this section are mentioned below:
|History, polity, economics||Ancient, medieval, modern, Indian Polity, Judiciary, basic economics|
|Current affairs||National and International developments and ongoing issues|
- India Yearbook
- Pratiyogita Darpan
- Manorama Book
- GK Today
- Competitive success review
The comprehension section of the examination is to assesses the candidate's comprehension skills, grammar, and grasp of the language.
- It has two sets of papers- English and Hindi.
- The candidates have to choose the paper according to the language they have opted for.
The important topics are:
|English or Hindi||Grammar, vocabulary, antonyms, and synonyms |
|High School English Grammar and Composition||Wren & Martin|
|Barron's Pocket Guide to Vocabulary|| |
|Word Power Made Easy|| Norman Lewis|
|English is Easy||Chetananand Singh|
|Objective General English||RS Aggarwal|
Aptitude and Mental Ability
The aptitude and mental ability section judge the candidate's knowledge of general mathematics and logical reasoning. The difficulty level of the test is of class 10th level. The following topics are important for the aptitude and mental ability section.
- Applying principles or rules.
- Sets and statements
- Blood relation
- Time and distance
- Work, time and energy
- Completing arguments, drawing well-supported conclusions,
- Reasoning by analogy
- Maths books up to Class 10th
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
Common Legal Knowledge
This is the most important section of the paper. This section will test the candidate's knowledge of law and polity.
The following topics are important in the legal knowledge section.
- Indian polity including Executive, Judiciary and Legislature,
- Law prepositions with facts,
- Indian Penal Code (IPC)
- Current legal issues
- Important judgments
|Legal Awareness and Legal Aptitude||AP Bhardwaj|
|Taxmann's Legal Aptitude||R. K. Gupta and Samiksha Gupta|
BHU LLB Entrance Examination Pattern
- It is an objective type MCQ test.
- The total no. of questions is 150
- Each question carries three marks.
- The total marks of the examination are 450.
- The Exam Pattern includes four sections- English/ Hindi Language, General Awareness and Current Affairs, Common Legal Knowledge, Aptitude, and Mental Ability.
- The duration of the examination is 120 minutes (2 hours).
The marking scheme for the BHU LLB Entrance exam is given below:
- For every correct answer, three marks will be awarded.
- The examination has 150 questions, and the total marks are 450.
- The paper is divided into four sections, and negative marking is applicable.
- For each incorrect answer or multiple answers to one question, a 0.25 mark will be deducted.
- No negative marking is done for unanswered questions.
Candidates preparing for the Law entrance examination on their own must do the following:
- Fix a certain number of hours per day for studying and take short breaks during this period.
- First, take up the subject in which you are least proficient.
- Make weekly and monthly plans for preparation.
- After completion of the syllabus, start taking mock tests.
- Mock tests are available online. Take as many as you can.
- Also, solve sample papers. After solving each sample paper, evaluate your performance and try to improve on it in the next paper you solve.
The University is yet to announce the date for the law entrance exam. The examination is expected to be conducted sometime in May 2022. You have got enough time to prepare for the examination. Start working systematically. Allot a particular time each day for preparation. The BHU LLB Entrance examination will be an objective type Multiple Choice Questions test. Download the syllabus. Go through it carefully. Buy the relevant books and go through them. Retain the information. Also, revise regularly. Remember that hard work always pays. Prepare well and maintain a positive attitude. You will certainly succeed.