The J&K Services Selection Board (JKSSB) is a service recruiting board established by the Government of Jammu and Kashmir to conduct examinations for various departmental services and non-gazetted posts in Jammu and Kashmir's union territory. The JKSSB has issued a notice for JK Police SIs requisitioned by the Home Department under the Jammu and Kashmir Civil Services Act.
JK Police SI Recruitment 2021 Overview
Download JK Police SI Official Notification
|Origination Name||J&K Services Selection Board|
|Name of Post||Sub Inspector|
|No. of Vacancy||1200 Posts|
|Selection Process||Written Examination, Physical Standard Test, Physical Endurance Test, Medical Examination|
|Exam Date||27 March 2022|
|Application Submission Start Date||10-11-2021|
|Last Date to Apply Online||26-12-2021 (Extended)|
Apply Here for J&K Sub Inspector
In this article, we will know the eligibility criteria for the JKSSB SI exam in detail.
Take a Free Mock Test Here
It is vital to know the eligibility criteria and qualifications requirements in advance to avoid rejection of candidature in further stages. The qualifications are mentioned below.
- The candidates who are declared qualified by the Board for Document Verification will be required to produce relevant Certificates such as Mark sheets, Provisional Certificates, etc. for completion of Graduation /Post-Graduation Degree/Ph.D. Degree in original as proof of having acquired the prescribed educational qualification on or before the cutoff date fixed for filling online application form, failing which the candidature of such candidates shall be canceled by the Board. The candidates who were able to prove, by documentary evidence, that the result of the qualifying examination was declared on or before the cut-off date i.e., 10-12-2021, and he/ she has been declared passed, will also be considered to meet the educational qualification.
- Candidates who have been declared qualified for Document Verification by the Board must produce relevant Certificates in original, such as mark sheets, provisional certificates, etc., for completion of their Graduation/Post-Graduation Degree/Ph.D. Degree on or before the cutoff date set for filling out the online application form, failing which their candidature will be cancelled by the Board. Candidates who can show, through documentary evidence, that their qualifying examination results were released on or before the cut-off date, i.e. 10-12-2021, and that they were declared passed, will be regarded to have met the educational requirement.
- Candidates should be aware that their candidacy will be provisional until the Appointing Authority verifies the authenticity of their educational qualifying credentials.
- At the time of Document Verification, candidates claiming possession of an equivalent educational qualification (where applicable/required) must present a relevant Equivalence Certificate from the appropriate competent authorities. However, the Board will make the final judgment on such candidates' selection based on pertinent facts that will be binding.
- Any candidate whose qualifications do not meet the minimum requirements will be ineligible for the positions offered in this notification.
- Degrees received by distance mode that comply with Govt. Order No. 252-HE of 2012 dated 30.05.2012 would be accepted, subject to other terms and criteria being met.
- (Academic Qualification) for Ex-Servicemen: A matriculate ex-serviceman (which term includes an ex-serviceman who has achieved the Indian Army special Certificate of Education or the similar certificate in the Navy or Air Force) who has served in the armed forces for at least 15 years may be considered for these positions.
- Reservations for Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Economically Weaker Section (EWS), Pahari Speaking People (PSP), Social Caste (OSC), Residents Backward Area (RBA), Line of Actual Control (LAC) / International Border (IB) for the above posts, where applicable and admissible, will be determined and communicated by the Indenting Department in accordance with the provisions of SRO 294 dated 21-10-2005 and S.O.
- An applicant who wishes to be considered for a position in the Reserved Categories must have a valid/ Category Certificate as of the Cut Off Date.
- Candidates should be aware that their candidature will be provisional until the Appointing Authority verifies the authenticity of the Reserved Category Certificate.
- Candidates should be aware that if a claim for reservation is made on the basis of a false/fake/fraudulent certificate, they will be barred from the Board's examination(s), as well as any other action considered appropriate.
- The 6% Horizontal Ex-Servicemen Reservation refers to the reservation that cuts across the vertical reservation, and the person selected must be placed in the appropriate category by making the necessary changes.
- In accordance with S.O. 361 issued October 20, 2021:
- Ex-Servicemen will be given a horizontal reservation of 6% of the available openings for direct recruitment positions in all government subordinate services that pay up to level 6E. (35900-113500).
- An ex-serviceman who joins any position after receiving Horizontal Reservation is ineligible to receive the advantage of reservation as an ex-serviceman for any subsequent job.
- As per rule 18 of the Jammu and Kashmir Reservation Rules, 2005, an ex-serviceman must present a certificate in form XIV duly signed by the relevant authority.
- Relaxation of the standard: If a sufficient number of candidates from the ex-servicemen category are not available on the basis of the general standard to fill all of the vacancies reserved for them, candidates from the ex-servicemen category may be selected under a relaxed standard of selection to make up the deficiency in the reserved quota, provided that such relaxation does not affect the level of performance by such candidates.
Take a Free Mock Test Here
How to Apply?
Candidates are eagerly waiting for the JKSSB SI Application window to open. We are providing the detailed steps to apply for JK Police SI online. Follow the step-by-step process given below.
Steps to Apply Online for JKSSB SI Recruitment :
- Visit the Official Website of JKSSB.
- Click on Recruitment Tab Option.
- Click Ongoing Vacancies for the Given Posts.
- Click on Online Application.
- Click on New User & Register Yourself. If already registered, log in with your Username & Password.
- Fill All the Required Details.
- Click on Final Submission.
- Take a Print out of Application.
In-service candidates shall submit print out of filled online application form along with duly filled, signed and stamped certificate given at last paragraph of the application form through proper channel viz., the concerned Head of Department (as defined in the JK Book of Financial Powers).
NOTE : Save the details of Application Number, Registration Number, Username, Password, etc. carefully with you, so you don't have to face problems in the further selection process.
Physical Endurance Test (PET) In The JK Police SI Exam
Physical Endurance Test (PET) for Male & Female candidates will be as under:-
Male = 1600 Meters in 6 Minutes & 3 Seconds or in Six and a half minute
Female = 1000 Meters in 6 Minutes & 3 Seconds or in Six and a half minute
Male = 20 (one cycle of up and down to be counted as one).
Shot Put (4 Kg.):
Female = 14½ feet in three attempts.
Physical Measurement Test (PET) In The JK Police SI Exam
Physical Measurement Test (PMT) for Male & Female candidates will be as under:-
|Height (for Laddakh region and Gorkha Community)||5'4"||5'|
|Chest||32" (unexpanded)33 1/2" (expanded)||NA|